Sunday, June 1, 2008

Golden Retrievers

Craig Party U.S.A. (the band that Channing and I started) has decided to be a movie project instead of a music project, which makes sense since neither of us know how to play instruments. Channing just purchased a fancy camera so he'll be able to get videography jobs. That means I get to use his fancy camera to make movies! Hooray! So I'm kind of waiting for him to finish school, which happens in 2 or 3 weeks, and then I'm going to force him to work on our movie. I've already started making my golden retriever costume. Mr. Tusks is in love with the golden retriever fabric. He's constantly sitting on it or scratching it, and his devotion to the retriever is making it a bit difficult to work on the costume. I have to wait for him to fall asleep somewhere else before I can work on it or else he just bites the fabric the whole time. Here he is modeling a retriever paw:



That disheveled pile of books in the background is Mr. Tusks' work. He enjoys jumping on top of them and knocking them on the floor. We're hoping to get a bookshelf soon.

Mr. Tusks hates it when I do pretty much anything besides playing with him. If I try to read, he bites the pages of the book. If I try to paint, he bites the paintbrush or tries to lick the paint or steps on it. If I try to sew, he pounces on the fabric and bats at the super-sharp fabric scissors. My laptop has tiny tooth-marks on the corners above the screen. I love Mr. Tusks so much, but I hope that when he turns 1 (June 25th!) he'll take his adulthood seriously and start cuddling more and biting less. Especially since we have a lot of work to do on our upcoming Craig Party U.S.A. film.


On a non-tusky note, the interview Channing did of me for a class project is now on youtube here. Everything you ever wanted to know about the making of Dreamboat. Maybe.

No comments: