Tuesday, February 17, 2009

some reading materials

Work on my golden retriever movie project has slowed way down, hence less photos of cats wearing vests and giraffes in boats. But I have a good excuse, which is that I started library school. I have no idea if I already blogged about this, so I will just say that I'm really busy and it is really interesting. Today I went on a field trip to the archives of the California Academy of Sciences. We didn't get to see the rainforest, and it wasn't the "wet collection" (dead things in jars) but we got to see some books and maps from expeditions from 1568 or something like that, some of which featured beautiful engravings of whales and seals and birds. I'm not sure what area of library science I want to get into, but I'm leaning toward some sort of archivist position. I'm really into old stuff and looking at pictures, so I think that an archival career might just be for me.


Another thing getting in the way of me completing my masterpiece is the True/False Film Festival. Channing and I are in the process of editing a video that's going to play at the Friday night party. We'll be in Columbia for four days or something like that, so now I have to try to do lots of schoolwork in advance so I don't get behind. I don't know if we're actually going to see any movies. I told Channing to reserve tickets for the ones he wanted to see, and I think he forgot. I'm hoping to have a full schedule of hanging out with people I haven't seen in a long time and eating ice cream, so it doesn't really matter to me if I see any movies.

I did manage to make an ocean set for the golden retriever movie yesterday, but Mr. Tusks was trying to sit on it, so I had to put it on a high shelf before I got to photograph it. But it looks exactly like this:


Also, it is raining a lot, which is great because there is a drought.

No comments: