Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pandaland

Channing and I made a quick video in honor of my niece's first birthday. Here it is:



We did it in one take because we didn't have time to let the camera battery charge enough to do more than that. Luckily it turned out fine.

This song is somewhat typical of my songwriting style in that I just wrote new lyrics for a pre-existing song. I like this better than the sandman version, but maybe that's because I like pandas. And because I always hated that sandman song.

I've always wanted to make children's television. For a long time I wanted to be a muppeteer. So having a niece is really great because it gives me an excuse to make kid-type stuff and have an audience for it. This is the first thing I've made her, since she doesn't really understand tv yet, but I hope to record many more stupid songs for her in the future.

2 comments:

Gregg said...

you are off to a good start

Rachel said...

gas station! gas station! gas station gonna fill up the tank!