Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Mom

This is my family tree:



It's made from a real tree, because my mom made it and she's really cool. And now you can look at her new website which features other really cool calligraphy stuff that my mom has done.

But she doesn't just do calligraphy! Of course not! My mom can pretty much do anything. She stopped running marathons because they weren't long enough. Now she enters super-marathons or something. She recently carved an enormous memorial stone for a horse. And she's currently painting a jungle mural in what will be the baby's room (after it is born) in my sister's new house. It features Aztec Pyramids and I assume a variety of animals, although I can't remember specifically which ones. Jungle animals. She used to paint murals in people's houses all the time, but she got tired of carrying ladders around so she switched to a mostly-calligraphy business. It was more fun for me when she did murals, as my sister and I were at the age where we were often brought along to be watched while she worked. Which a lot of the time meant hanging out in really fancy houses with bathrooms twice the size of my bedroom or backyards with crazy swimming pools.

You can hire her to make stuff for you, but she probably won't paint a mural in your room unless you're her grandchild.

No comments: