Monday, October 13, 2008

Goals...


I'm experimenting with setting deadlines for myself. I wasn't sure if it would work because it's not like something bad will happen to me if I turn in my work to myself late. But I told myself that if I really want to take my movie-making seriously (or to ever finish) then I have to be serious about actually working on it. And it's going pretty well. The first deadline (and only one so far) was to complete Pillow and Pillow today! TICKTICKTICK! Time's a-wastin'!

But I think I can do it. It's only almost 4pm and I'm almost finished. Only a little stuffing and some monocle-making remains. They might not get eyeballs today, because I think I want googley eyes, which I don't have. But those will only take a moment to attach, and there's no way I'm going to the art supply store today. 

On a related rant: why doesn't Oakland have an art supply store? I don't understand. I've heard tell that there are more artists per capita here than in any other American city, or something like that, so why do we have to go to Berkeley or Emeryville to get supplies? It doesn't make sense at all. 

So, dear reader, what should I work on after today's deadline? Cat puppet? Giraffe puppet? Beaver puppet? Emily puppet? Maybe I should look and see what kind of fabrics I have before I decide. I also got a job! Hooray! So I should probably find out how many days I'm going to be working before I set my next deadline. 

But for now, back to work on that monocle. 

No comments: