Monday, October 6, 2008

CELEBS!!!

We were in LA for the weekend. Here is an artist's rendering of us having fun at a fancy event:



We also saw some other celebs:
Air Bud!!!

I talked to them for a while about being golden retriever superstars and I learned a lot. Mostly that once you're a golden retriever superstar you get lots of curly rawhide treats. Which I guess is good. Maybe they're an acquired taste which I will learn to love when I become a golden retriever superstar and can afford such luxuries. 

I also got food poisoning, barfed in a parking lot, and spent most of the weekend in bed. I did make it to the Tokyo Nonsense show, which was the reason we went to LA this weekend. Channing's friend Antonin (Digiki) got flown in from Tokyo to DJ at the opening, and he graciously allowed me to sleep in his hotel room while he and Channing went to the Getty without me. We really enjoyed the show, especially the video pieces. It's pretty unusual for me to enjoy video art, which might seem strange since I'm a video artist. It just seems like so much of the video I see is just boring. I get really angry when I see videos made by people who seem to think that no one has ever seen something in slow motion before. I don't think making a video slow makes it art. It just makes it boring. And, in case you haven't been to the same galleries and museums as me, there are a TON of videos like this. I like seeing things that are unexpected and witty and creative, and most of the videos in this show fit that description exactly. But you don't have to take my word for it... (cue art gallery rainbow theme)

No comments: