Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's Curtains

Curtains for a vaudeville theater! This is one of many backdrops for the very fancy theater in the golden retriever movie.

I think I might make a shirt out of this after I finish filming the puppets.

To make it, first I sewed the two fabrics together with lots of seams to make the pattern below. Then I cut out the appropriate amounts of the top layer to make the pattern. Easy!


Mr. Tusks was helpful as usual. Is it getting really boring to post a photo of Mr. Tusks sitting on my sewing every time I sew something? If so, perhaps you can send him a letter to convince him to stop doing it. Until then, here is a photo of Mr. Tusks sitting on the curtain while I was sewing it.


I just got some fringe to finish up another curtain, which is one of the last things I have to make before filming. I also have almost all of the actors lined up to play the various puppets. We're planning to film on June 7th, which is less than two weeks away. I have lots of little things to finish up before then, but I think I should have plenty of time to get it all done.

No comments: