Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thanks everyone! Now I need more help...

I'm writing the credits for my movie, and it's making me realize how great everyone is to cooperate with my weird requests. So thank you to everyone who agreed to voice a puppet or help with writing or lend us a car or recording equipment. The credits are going to be really good, because I'm having my mom do them in calligraphy.

I made Channing accompany me to the San Francisco Main Library last night to find the perfect font (or "alphabet" in calligrapher-ese) and we also visited the skylight gallery on the 6th floor, where there happened to be a calligraphy exhibition on display. It was quite impressive, and I would recommend visiting if you're in San Francisco. It's free! And, as an added bonus, you can imagine you're me as a kid, because I was surrounded by calligraphy all the time. Some of the calligraphers in the show have even stayed with my family when they were in Memphis for calligraphy-related purposes.

Anyhow, I am hard at work organizing the details of the movie. I filmed all of the curtains and backdrops for the puppet theater.

But there's one serious problem! I don't have a title! Does anyone have any brilliant suggestions? I want something that's short and that doesn't give away the plot.

The main characters are names Paxinosa Easton and Ebenezer Van Buskirk, so naming it after them is probably out. In the meantime I'm trying to read up on gold rush slang.

No comments: