Sunday, September 28, 2008

Blood on the sheets

I'm in Nevada City, CA. It's 4am, and I'm not awake because I've been enjoying the exciting nightlife of Nevada City. I think we actually went to bed at 10 because we wanted to get to sleep early so we could wake up before sunrise to shoot scenes in town. Unfortunately we didn't actually sleep at all because of the mattress being stuffed with fleas instead of comfortable cushiony stuff. It seemed comfortable at first, but it turned out to be just a huge rectangular block of fleas bound by a fitted sheet. After tossing and turning for however many hours, getting up to take a shower, and being baffled by the fact that I was obviously suddenly allergic to poison ivy (which somehow must have gotten inside of my dog costume), and trying to go back to bed, I finally trapped a flea. Then stripped the covers and saw the streaks of blood and trapped 19 more fleas. Mostly fat guys.

So, yeah, not going back to bed. 

Yesterday we shot in the woods, and it went really well. And the Yuba River, where we shot the panning for gold scene, was incredibly beautiful. I'm not really sure if shooting is going to continue as planned in a few hours. We're awake, but both of our costumes might be filled with fleas. Even if they aren't I have so many bites on my back that I'm dreading the thought of putting on my dogsuit. We'll see.


3 comments:

Gregg said...

yuch. no fun.

Rachel said...

I love everything about you. That is all.

Anonymous said...

Kind of ironic, don't you think? Pretending to be a dog, and getting real fleas?